Last Update: January 10th, 2020
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33301 – USA
Chargebacks and Refunds
- Chargebacks and Refunds. Occasionally, a Donor may dispute a credit card charge for a Donation through the Services.
- If Donations are refunded to the Donor by Authorize.Net and Authorize.Net already remitted payment to the Charity, Authorize.Net may deduct the chargebacks or refunds from future payments to the Charity, and if necessary, issue an invoice to the applicable Charity. The applicable Charity expressly agrees that it will be responsible for paying Authorize.Net the full amount of any Donation refund due to a Donor. Authorize.Net may elect to offset a future Donation rather than requesting that the Charity return the refunded Donation.
- If such Donations were made through Authorize.Net , the Charity has control over the Donations and Charity, rather than MagnifyFund LLC, and is responsible for issuing refunds and handling chargebacks directly with Donors.
- You acknowledge that certain data available or otherwise accessible on or by means of the Services concerning the list of United States-based 501(c)(3) charities to which you may make a Donation is provided by a third-party licensor of MMF Charity. For good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged by you and MagnifyFund LLC, you acknowledge and agree that MagnifyFund LLC is the beneficiary with full power and authority to enforce the provisions of these Terms. You agree that MagnifyFund LLC may share any information provided by you with Authorize.Net to the extent that Authorize.Net reasonably needs such data to enforce its rights related to your use of any data.
All Donations are at your own risk. When you make a Donation through either of the Platforms, it is your responsibility to understand how your money will be used. MagnifyFund LLC is not responsible for any offers, promises, rewards or promotions made or offered by Users or Campaigns. We do not and cannot verify the information that Users or Campaigns supply, nor do we represent or guarantee that the Donations will be used in accordance with any fundraising purpose prescribed by a User or Campaign or in accordance with applicable laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we take possible fraudulent activity and the misuse of funds raised very seriously. You can learn more about our “Fraud Policy” at https://www.magnifymyfund.com/fraud-policy. If you have reason to believe that a User or Campaign is not raising or using the funds for their stated purpose, please use the “Report” button on the Cause/Campaign to alert our team of this potential issue and we will investigate. If you are a donor, you may be covered by our “Refund Policy”, details are located at https://www.magnifymyfund.com/refund-policy.
- Donors are not permitted to impose restrictions on the use of Donations by a Charity or Event Organizer. To the extent that a Donation is made in response to an appeal for a particular program of a Charity or Event Organizer, or to the extent that a Donor purports to direct the use of Donations by a Charity or Event Organizer, any such directions shall constitute non-binding recommendations only and the Charity or Event Organizer shall have full discretion to determine how all Donations will be used.
- MagnifyFund LLC makes no representation as to whether all or any portion of your Donations, including, if any, Payment Processor Fees, are tax deductible or eligible for tax credits. MagnifyFund LLC will have no liability for any claim by any federal, state, provincial, territorial, local or any other tax authority with respect to the characterization on any applicable tax return of any Donation by you, any User or any Charity. You should consult your tax advisor as to the amount of your Donation that is tax deductible or eligible for tax recognition, having regard to (among other things) the tax status of the recipient of any Donation in any relevant jurisdiction, and particularly if you are awarded a gift or prize in connection with your Donation.
For donors making donations to Charities, please see the state non-profit disclosures for those charities at http://magnifymyfund.com/state-non-profit-disclosures/.
Specifically, certain states require written disclosures for Charities soliciting contributions.
Ownership of Donor Lists and Data
- MagnifyFund LLC Platform. As between MagnifyFund LLC and Charity using the MagnifyFund LLC Platform, Charity may request Donor Lists (defined below) and Donor Data (defined below) for compliance and transactional purposes.
Events on the MMF Charity Platform
MMF Charity Services enables Charities to offer and users to register for events, such as marathons, walks, rides, and other similar events (collectively, “Events”) which may require a registration fee, as determined by the organizers of these events (“Event Organizers”). Event Organizers may establish a page on the MMF Charity Platform that provides details about their Event and provides the ability to collect Event registration fees through MMF Charity Services. Event Organizers shall be solely responsible for such Events, including but not limited to any participation requirements, obtaining any and all necessary permits and waivers, and ensuring such Event complies with applicable law. Event Organizers shall be solely responsible for determining the amount of Event registration fees and providing any associated discounts, promotions or refunds.
- Fees. Event Organizers that use the MMF Charity Services to process Event registrations agree to pay MagnifyFund LLC a Payment Processor Fee for each Event registration as set forth in our Payment Processor Fees Policy.
- Receipt of Registration Fees. Receipt of registration fees, minus any applicable Payment Processor Fees, is based upon and subject to the payment processor’s procedures and terms and credit card processor’s terms.
- MagnifyFund LLC does not withhold funds for tax purposes or otherwise. Event Organizers will be solely responsible for taxes based on applicable international, federal, state, local or any other taxes or levies.
- Chargebacks and Refunds. Occasionally, an Event Registrant may dispute a credit card charge for a Donation through the MM Charity Services. All refunds for event registrations are handled by Event Organizers. MagnifyFund LLC is not responsible for handling or communicating an Event Organizer’s refund policy or processing refunds, including without limitation for any errors processing a refund, the failure to provide a refund, the failure of an Event Organizer to communicate about a refund, or any chargebacks related to a refund. Donors should contact the Event Organizer concerning a refund. Event Organizers agree to deal exclusively with Event registrants concerning refunds.